The most delicious Raspberry & Dark Chocolate Baked Oats, perfect for the cooler autumn and winter months. This breakfast will warm you up and keep you satiated throughout your morning, as well as being totally vegan and gluten free!
Baked Oats are one of my favourite breakfasts when it starts to get cooler outside. They’re literally like eating dessert for breakfast, they’re so decadent, gooey and cake-like. They do take more time than your average breakfast, but in my opinion, they’re worth setting your alarm that bit earlier.
One of the things I love about baked oatmeal is how many variations there are, so you never get bored of the same flavour. This combination is one of my absolute favourites – the rich dark chocolate tastes incredible with the tart raspberries. I also love the classic Blueberry Baked Oats, which are always a winner! You can also go a bit crazy with toppings, I always have to top with peanut butter and maple syrup, and maybe a little cinnamon too. You could also top with vegan yoghurt, any other nut butters you like, pumpkin seeds, flaxseed, banana slices, coconut flakes, chia seeds, the options are endless! Let me know your favourite toppings and combinations in the comments.
I’m always on the hunt for new vegan meal ideas, and the amazing thing about baked oats is the fact that they’re naturally plant based and gluten free. By using gluten free oats you have the perfect gluten free breakfast that’s also super filling and nutritious.
The ingredients are super simple and minimal. All you’ll need is:
- Banana – ripe banana is always best. This helps to bind the ingredients together, as well as adding a delicious sweetness!
- Quick porridge oats – I find these give the best texture to the baked oats.
- Baking powder – a baking essential! This helps with the volume and texture.
- Dairy free milk of choice – you can literally choose any! I always use oat or soya milk.
- Maple syrup – totally optional. You may find them sweet enough with just the banana, it may be an idea to leave this out and add at the end if you need more sweetness.
- Raspberries – you can use fresh or frozen.
- Dark chocolate – either chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips work perfectly!
- 1/2 a ripe banana
- 1/2 cup quick porridge oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk of choice
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon – optional
- 2 tsp maple syrup – optional
- 1/3 cup raspberries – fresh or frozen (reserve a few for topping)
- Handful chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- Peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter (any nut butter)
- Maple syrup
- Coconut yoghurt
- Vegan yoghurt of choice
- Chia seeds
- Ground flaxseed
- Coconut shreds
- Preheat your oven to 185C (365F).
- Start by mashing the banana in a bowl. Then add in the oats, baking powder, dairy free milk, salt, cinnamon and maple syrup – mix until well combined.
- Stir in the raspberries and dark chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased oven-proof bowl, top with a few more raspberries and dark chocolate pieces, then place in the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. Top with whatever you fancy (ideas above) and enjoy!