Introducing, my lovely plant-based friends, this Chocolate Pecan Granola Bark recipe. It’s seasonal, it’s delicious, and it’s incredibly easy to make! What’s not to love? Ready to give it a go? The recipe is below for you!
How to Make Chocolate Pecan Granola Bark
If you’re going to make this Chocolate Pecan Granola Bark recipe, you’ll need the following…
- Rolled oats: Serve as the base ingredient, imparting a hearty texture and fiber to the bark. They also toast up nicely, providing a satisfying crunch.
- Ground flaxseed: Offers a nutritional boost with omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and a slightly nutty flavor. It aids in binding the ingredients together and contributes to the overall texture.
- Pecans: Provide a rich, buttery taste and a satisfying crunch. Pecans contain healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals like magnesium and zinc, enhancing both flavor and texture while adding a distinct nuttiness.
- Maple syrup: Acts as a natural sweetener that binds the ingredients together. It brings a unique sweetness and depth of flavor, complementing the other components.
- Nut butter (almond or cashew): Adds creaminess, richness, and a subtle nuttiness to the bark. It contains healthy fats, protein, and contributes to binding the ingredients together.
- Brown sugar: Enhances sweetness and adds a caramel-like depth to the bark’s flavor profile. It complements the natural sweetness of maple syrup and contributes to the overall richness.
- Coconut oil or melted butter: Acts as a binding agent, helping to hold the granola together while providing moisture and richness. Coconut oil brings a slight tropical flavor while butter offers a rich, creamy taste.
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger: These spices add complexity and warmth to the bark. Cinnamon contributes a sweet-spicy flavor, nutmeg adds earthiness, and ginger offers a hint of heat, creating a well-rounded and aromatic taste profile.
- Salt (pinch): Balances the sweetness and enhances the overall flavors of the bark. It helps to bring out the other tastes present and adds a subtle savory note.
For the topping:
- Dark chocolate (melted): Adds a luxurious and indulgent layer to the bark. Dark chocolate not only provides a rich taste but also offers antioxidants and a slightly bitter contrast to the sweetness of the granola.
- Fine or flaky salt (optional): If used, provides a contrasting flavor to the sweetness of the chocolate. It enhances the overall taste by adding a touch of saltiness that complements the richness of the chocolate.
Chocolate Pecan Granola Bark
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1.5 tbsp nut butter of choice almond or cashew works well
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp coconut oil or melted butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (optional)
- Pinch salt
- 100-150 grams good quality dark chocolate melted
- Pinch fine or flaky salt optional
- Preheat oven to 160C and line a baking sheet with baking paper
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients
- Press onto the baking sheet in one layer
- Bake for 20 minutes, then turn the tray around so it bakes evenly. Bake for a further 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Let it cool completely before removing and covering with melted dark chocolate and a small sprinkle of salt . Break into pieces and enjoy!