Banana bread, but in pancake form – this is the dream breakfast! Totally vegan, super simple and quick to make. Add vegan butter and douse with maple syrup for the most unbelievably sweet and decadent breakfast!
These fluffy Banana Bread Pancakes are perfectly sweet and taste just like a slice of warm banana bread. They’re the perfect brunch or breakfast recipe that everyone will love.
These Banana Bread Pancakes are totally egg free and dairy free, whilst remaining super fluffy and flavoursome. You’ll only need a few simple ingredients, which you may already have in your kitchen!
- Banana – make sure to use ripe or overripe bananas (aka spotty bananas) for these, this will help with the sweetness and texture.
- Sugar – you can use any sugar you’d like, ideally caster, granulated or golden caster sugar.
- Plain flour – a baking staple!
- Cinnamon – this is optional, but I love adding a little cinnamon to my usual banana bread recipe, and it adds a nice warmth and cosiness to these pancakes!
- Mild olive oil or oil of choice – you can use any mild oil that you like, whether that be mild olive oil, refined coconut oil (melted), or vegetable oil.
- Baking powder – another baking staple – this is super important for those teeny little bubbles, which help make the pancakes light and fluffy.
- Dairy free milk – I like using oat or soya milk.
- Vanilla extract – I love adding vanilla to sweet recipes as it helps to enhance all the other flavours.
You can also play about with this recipe by adding anything you fancy into the batter, I love to add a few dark chocolate chips, chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts are delicious) or blueberries – just like I would with a banana loaf!
- 1 ripe banana
- 150 ml dairy free milk, such as oat or soya milk
- 1 tbsp mild olive oil (or neutral oil of choice)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Oil, for frying
- Maple syrup and vegan butter, for topping
- Mash the banana in a small bowl, then add in the milk, oil and vanilla.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sieve the flour, baking powder and cinnamon, then add the salt and sugar. Stir until combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry bowl and whisk until a smooth batter forms.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Once it’s hot, add 2 tablespoons of the batter to the pan and let it cook for 1-2 minutes, or until little bubbles start to appear, then flip (it should be golden brown). Then cook the other side for 30 seconds-1 minute until browned. Repeat until the batter has finished, then serve with butter, maple syrup, and a dash of cinnamon. Enjoy!