If you’re a tahini lover, you’re going to adore these Easy Vegan Tahini Cookies. They’re a super easy bake and take no time at all! Curl up with a cup of tea, a good book, and one of these delicious cookies. Oh, and they’re great for dunking!
These Tahini Cookies are golden and crunchy on the outside, but soft and chewy on the inside – and to me, that’s the perfect kind of cookie. They’re especially delicious when still warm from the oven. You definitely won’t be able to stop at one. I highly recommend dunking into a mug of cardamom tea with oat or soy milk – the BEST combination!
I absolutely adore tahini; with dates, drizzled on dark chocolate, as part of a delicious salad dressing, and now, in these yummy cookies! With only 8 simple and accessible ingredients, 15 minutes baking time and a delicious smelling kitchen, these will be your new favourite bake.
If you make these Vegan Tahini Cookies then please make sure to comment below or tag me in your recreations over on Instagram using @ginabnutrition or #ginabnutrition – I love to see them! Happy baking friends!
(makes 12 cookies)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3-4 tbsp soy milk/non-dairy milk of choice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or paste (optional)
- 5 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Sieve the flour and baking soda into a medium sized mixing bowl, then stir in the sugar and the pinch of salt.
- Add in the tahini, soy milk and maple syrup and mix together until a doughy mixture forms.
- Pour the sesame seeds into a small plate or bowl. Take out a spoonful of the dough, roll into a ball with your hands, then roll the ball into the sesame seeds until covered. Place the ball on the baking sheet and press down to flatten (you can do this with the bottom of a glass).
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes until starting to brown. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before removing. Enjoy! Store in an airtight container.