These Vegan Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal Muffins are the ultimate Autumnal treat. They’re moist, sweet, warming and perfectly spiced!
You won’t believe how easy these muffins are to make! They only require a few simple ingredients and no complicated processes. I want to make vegan baking accessible for all, and these muffins prove it.
I got so excited the other day when I saw the most perfect apples on our apple tree at the bottom of the garden. They’re absolutely delicious, and I just knew I had to create some sort of cosy, cinnamony baked good with them immediately!
If you make these Vegan Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal Muffins, please make sure to comment below or tag me in your recreations over on Instagram using @ginabnutrition or #ginabnutrition – I absolutely love to see them!
(makes 10-12 muffins)
For the apples:
- 2 small apples (or 1 and a half larger apples)
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 3 tsp plain flour
For the batter:
- 1 cup plain flour/wholewheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch ground ginger
- 1/2 cup demerera sugar (or coconut sugar)
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 5 tbsp water & left for 5-10 minutes to set)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (I used refined, ‘odourless’ coconut oil to avoid the coconut taste)
- 1/2 cup soya milk
- Preheat the oven to 185C and line a muffin tray with cupcake liners (the batter should fill 10-12).
- Peel and chop your apples into small 1/4″ chunks and place in a bowl with the 3 tsp flour and lemon juice, and mix so that all the apple is coated. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, sea salt and oats.
- In another bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, flax eggs, vanilla extract and soya milk. Pour this into the dry mixture and stir together.
- Stir through the chopped apples.
- Fill each cupcake case about 3/4 full and sprinkle a little brown sugar and cinnamon over each one. Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and a so that a toothpick comes out clean. Store in an airtight container for upto 5 days.