These Chocolate Chip Pecan Flapjacks are such a heavenly bake. They’re so easy to make, whilst being totally plant based and vegan. They’re perfect for snacks and lunch boxes!
Flapjacks have always been one of my favourite things to bake. They’re super easy, whilst tasting and smelling absolutely unreal.
In my opinion, these are the ultimate flapjacks because they contain both pecans and chocolate chips – a match made in heaven! I also prefer a moist, cakier texture when it comes to flapjack, which is why these include a little bit of flour in this recipe. They’re kind of like a cross between a cake and flapjack and I’m obsessed.
You will need only 7 simple and accessible ingredients:
- Porridge oats
- Golden syrup
- Vegan butter
- Chocolate chips
For more fun plant based baking, I’ve included a few you might like to try below:
- 335g (3 cups) porridge oats
- 80g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 200g (1 scant cup) vegan butter
- 140g (1/2 cup) golden syrup
- 180g (2/3 cup) brown sugar
- 70g (1/2 cup) pecans, roughly chopped – reserve a few whole for topping
- 70-80g (1/3-1/2 cup) dark chocolate chips – reserve a few for topping
- Preheat oven to 160C, line a 20x20cm square tin with greased baking paper.
2. In a medium sized pan, melt the butter, golden syrup and sugar over a low heat.
3. Once liquid, stir in the oats and flour until well combined. Leave for a couple mins to cool.
4. Stir in the chopped pecans and chocolate chips (they will melt a little but that doesn’t matter).
5. Spoon the mixture into your lined tin and flatten with the back of a spoon/spatula. Add a few whole pecans and chocolate chips on top, then place in the centre of your oven for 25-28 minutes.
6. Leave the flapjack in the tin to cool for 10 minutes before gently removing and slicing into squares. Store in an airtight container and enjoy!