These Chocolate Chip Pecan Flapjacks are such a heavenly bake. They’re so easy to make, whilst being totally plant based and vegan. They’re perfect for snacks and lunch boxes!
Flapjacks have always been one of my favourite things to bake. They’re super easy, whilst tasting and smelling absolutely unreal.
In my opinion (and I’m right!), these are the ultimate flapjacks because they contain both pecans and chocolate chips – a match made in heaven! I also prefer a moist, cakier texture when it comes to flapjack, which is why these include a little bit of flour in the recipe.
They’re kind of like a cross between a cake and flapjack (and incase you can’t tell, I’m obsessed).
If you make this recipe, please make sure to comment below or tag me in your recreations over on Instagram or Pinterest – I love seeing them!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Pecan Flapjacks
- 3 Cups Porridge Oats
- 1/2 Cup Plain Flour
- 200 grams Vegan Butter
- 1/2 Cup Golden Syrup
- 180 grams Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Pecans roughly chopped (preserve a few whole)
- 80 grams Dark Chocolate Chips reserve a few for topping
- Preheat oven to 160C
- Line a 20x20cm square tin with greased baking paper
- In a medium sized pan, melt the butter, golden syrup and sugar over a low heat
- Once liquid, turn off the heat and stir in the oats and flour until well combined
- Leave for a couple of minutes to cool down
- Stir in the chopped pecans and chocolate chips (they will melt a little but that doesn’t matter)
- Spoon the mixture into your lined tin and flatten with the back of a spoon/spatula
- Add a few whole pecans and chocolate chips on top, then place in the centre of your oven for 25-28 minutes
- Remove the tin from the oven and leave the flapjack to cool for 10 minutes before gently removing and slicing into squares. Store in an airtight container and enjoy