So now it’s Autumn there are literally hundreds of pumpkin recipes popping up all over social media – and I’m jumping on the bandwagon! This vegan and gluten free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Loaf is deliciously gooey, sweet and autumnal.
I absolutely adore this festive loaf. It’s the perfect festive bake for around Christmas time, and the spices will make your kitchen smell unbelievable!
This Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is totally vegan due to the use of a flax egg. This helps to bind the loaf, and is so easy to make! Simply mix 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed to 2.5 tbsp water, mix, then leave for 5-10 minutes to set. A thick, gloopy gel should form, which is your egg replacement in this cake!
If you make this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread or any of my recipes, please make sure to comment below or tag me in your photos over on Instagram using @ginabnutrition – I love to see them! Happy baking!
Quick note – for the pictures I used bigger quantities than the recipe below – so don’t expect it to come out looking as big as it does on the images! It will just be slightly smaller. I decided these amounts are better because otherwise it’s just too big to get through (no matter how tasty!)
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (simply grind oats in your blender to make flour) – use gluten free if needed
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg, cloves, ginger (optional)
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (save a few for topping)
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flaxseed mixed with 2.5 tbsp water and left for 5-10 mins to form a gel)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (I used a tin)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/paste
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup maple syrup (to taste)
- 1/2 cup plant milk
- Preheat your oven to 185C and line a loaf tin with baking paper and grease with coconut oil or vegan margerine.
- Melt your coconut oil in a saucepan over a medium heat until runny.
- In the meantime, place all the dry ingredients (apart from the chocolate chips) in a large mixing bowl and stir well so that there are no lumps.
- When the coconut oil has melted, add all the other wet ingredients into your pan and whisk until well combined.
- Pour this into the dry bowl and stir together until a thick batter forms and all ingredients are evenly distributed. Then, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into your loaf tin and even out with a spatula. Sprinkle a few more of the chocolate chips on top.
- Place in your preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a fork comes out clean with no wet batter.
- Leave it to cool for 15 minutes or so before removing for the tin. Enjoy! Make sure to tag me on Instagram @ginabnutrition or #ginabnutrition – I’d love to see your recreations!