So now it’s Autumn there are HUNDREDS of pumpkin recipes popping up all over social media – and I’m jumping on the bandwagon! This pumpkin loaf is DELICIOUSLY sweet, moist and autumnal. It’s totally vegan and gluten free – and tastes insane! I simply used a tin of pureed pumpkin – it’s not too hard to find in the UK! Definitely give this loaf a try – it will get you in the festive mood!
Quick note – for the pictures I used bigger quantities than the recipe below – so don’t expect it to come out looking as big as it does on the images! It will just be slightly smaller. I decided these amounts are better because otherwise it’s just too big to get through (no matter how tasty!)
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (simply grind oats in your blender to make flour) – use gluten free if needed
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg, cloves, ginger (optional)
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (save a few for topping)
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flaxseed mixed with 2.5 tbsp water and left for 10 mins to form a gel)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (I used a tin)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/paste
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup maple syrup (to taste)
- 1/2 cup plant milk
- Preheat your oven to 185C and line a loaf tin with baking paper and grease with coconut oil or vegan margerine.
- Melt your coconut oil in a saucepan over a medium heat until runny.
- In the meantime, place all the dry ingredients (apart from the chocolate chips) in a large mixing bowl and stir well so that there are no lumps.
- When the coconut oil has melted, add all the other wet ingredients into your pan and whisk until well combined.
- Pour this into the dry bowl and stir together until a thick batter forms and all ingredients are evenly distributed. Then, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into your loaf tin and even out with a spatula. Sprinkle a few more of the chocolate chips on top.
- Place in your preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a fork comes out clean with no wet batter.
- Leave it to cool for 15 minutes or so before removing for the tin. Enjoy! Make sure to tag me on Instagram @ginabnutrition or #ginabnutrition – I’d love to see your recreations!