I’m so excited to share this recipe! I’ve been testing it for a while and it’s everything you want a ginger biscuit to be: soft, sweet, festive and perfectly spiced. They’re completely vegan and gluten free; and the ultimate christmas biccie! You’re gonna love these. Make sure you tag your Instagram images with @ginabnutrition or hashtag #ginabnutrition so I can see your creations!
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup ground almonds (simply grind almonds in your blender – make sure they’re finely ground down with no chunks)
- 1/4 cup demerara sugar
- 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2-3 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 2.5 tbsp water and left to set for 5-10 mins)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp plant milk
- Start by preheating the oven to 180C and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Next, heat up your coconut oil in a small saucepan until liquified. Take off the heat and whisk in the flax egg, molasses and vanilla extract until well combined.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl; add all the dry ingredients and stir.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry bowl and stir well. A thick, doughy mixture should start to form. At this point, add in the plant milk and use your hands to properly form the dough. It should be a dense, slightly sticky mixture. If the mixture is too dry, add in more milk.
- Scoop out handfuls of the dough and roll into a ball with your hands and flatten slightly, then place on the tray.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. They should be soft on the inside – keep in an airtight container. Enjoy!