If someone told me I’d be making my own nut milks a year ago I would have laughed in their face.. but here I am! It’s actually one of my favourite things to do – it’s so satisfying and so much easier than you think! Give it a go – and don’t throw away your nut pulp.. make my turmeric nut pulp crackers.
- 1 cup raw cashews and blanched almonds soaked overnight in filtered water
- 3 cups filtered water
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup OR a medjool date (optional)
YOU WILL NEED
- a nut milk bag or a cheesecloth
- After soaking the nuts overnight, drain them and pour away the water.
- Add the soaked nuts to a blender along with the 3 cups of water, before blending for about 20 seconds.
- Once blended, pour the liquid through a nut mylk bag/cheese cloth into a large bowl and squeeze the bag until all liquid has come through.
- Pour the strained liquid back into your blender and add in your sea salt and choice of sweetener, and any other flavourings you’d like! (vanilla, cacao, cinnamon..)
- Store in the fridge – will keep for 3-4 days.
- Don’t throw away your nut pulp! Make my turmeric nut pulp crackers which can be found here.