If you’ve been wondering what to do with your leftover nut pulp then you must make these crackers! They’re perfect for snacky lunches and taste amazing dipped in hummus!
- 1 cup wet nut pulp (after making my homemade almond and cashew nut milk)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil/melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed/chia seeds
- 3 tbsp ground turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp dried herbs – I use a mix of Herbes de Provence and Oregano
- 3 cloves garlic – crushed
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Add the nut pulp to a mixing bowl along with all the other ingredients and mix well
- Line a flat baking tray with baking paper and put the mixture on top.
- Put another piece of baking paper over the top of the nut pulp and then gently roll a rolling pin over the top until it is about 3mm deep.
- With a large knife, cut into small squares and then prick each cracker with a fork. Take the top piece of baking paper off and place in the oven for 15 minutes. Take them out and flip each one over carefully, then bake again for another 10-15 minutes.
- Take them out and let them cool – keep in an airtight container.