I’m not lying to you when I tell you these Double Chocolate Freezer Cookies are INCREDIBLE! They’re so simple to make but so so tasty. I adore the chewy chocolatey-ness when eaten straight from the fridge/freezer. These freezer cookies are totally vegan and gluten free, and so quick to make!
These Chocolate Freezer Cookies are made with the simplest ingredients; nut butter, coconut oil, cocoa powder, oats.. the typical plant based staples! They’re a super satisfying snack and will keep you full until your next meal. I highly recommend adding in cacao nibs, the bitter crunch of them go amazingly with the chewiness of the cookie.
I seriously love freezer recipes, they’re so much more fun to make and far less complicated than recipes that require baking.. you can’t really go wrong with them! What’s not to love?! Fancy trying some more of my No Bake recipes? How about my Chocolate Chip Tahini Fudge or my Chocolate Popcorn Bars.
If you make these Double Chocolate Freezer Cookies, please make sure to either comment below or tag me in your recreations on Instagram/hashtag #ginabnutrition because I seriously LOVE to see them! It makes my day.
The texture is just to die for.. just look at that bite! The solid chunks of dark chocolate go perfectly with the sweet chewy freezer cookie.
- 3/4 cup smooth nut butter of choice
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil (use refined/odourless coconut oil if you dislike the coconut taste!)
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa/cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Handful cacao nibs (optional)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk the nut butter, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and sea salt together until fully combined.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and oat flour until a thick mixture forms.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and cacao nibs (if using).
- With your hands, form cooke shapes and place on a lined tray. Sprinkle on some cacao nibs and more chocolate chips (optional) and place in the freezer for 30 minutes until set. Store in the fridge and enjoy!