These Double Chocolate Freezer Cookies are one of my all-time favourite sweet treats on the blog. Not only are they made with wholesome, plant based ingredients, they’re also absolutely delicious and make for the perfect satisfying snack. I adore the chewy chocolatey-ness when eaten straight from the fridge/freezer. They’re totally vegan, gluten free, and super quick and simple to make.
These Double Chocolate Freezer Cookies are made with the simplest ingredients; nut butter, coconut oil, cocoa powder, oats.. the typical plant based staples! They’re a super filling and satisfying snack and will keep you full until your next meal. I highly recommend adding in cacao nibs, the bitter crunch of them go deliciously with the chewiness of the cookie!
I seriously love no-bake recipes, they’re uncomplicated and so much more fun to make! You can’t really go wrong with them. Fancy trying some more of my no-bake recipes? How about my Chocolate Chip Tahini Fudge or my Chocolate Popcorn Bars.
If you make these Double Chocolate Freezer Cookies, please make sure to either comment below or tag me in your recreations on Instagram at @ginabnutrition – I love to see them – it makes my day!
- 3/4 cup smooth nut butter of choice
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil (use refined/odourless coconut oil if you dislike the coconut taste!)
- 1/4 cup oat flour (rolled oats in a blender ground down) – use gluten free oats if required
- 1/4 cup cocoa/cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Handful cacao nibs (optional)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk the nut butter, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and sea salt together until fully combined.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and oat flour until a thick mixture forms.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and cacao nibs (if using).
- With your hands, form cooke shapes and place on a lined tray. Sprinkle on some cacao nibs and more chocolate chips (optional) and place in the freezer for 30 minutes until set. Store in the fridge and enjoy!