Now the weather is getting cooler, warm breakfasts are most definitely in order. I love my sweet breakfasts (oatmeal, porridge, baked oats) but sometimes I get such a craving for a savoury breakfast. This Easy Firm Tofu Scramble is the perfect breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner to warm you up this Autumn!
When I first heard about scrambled tofu, I was pretty skeptical. I thought it sounded quite bland and I couldn’t comprehend it tasting of much at all! But then I tried it out myself and absolutely loved it. It’s all about seasoning and spices, the tofu is perfectly moist and soaks up the flavours amazingly!
Serving Ideas: I love having this Easy Tofu Scramble as a brunch-type meal on toast with avocado, olive oil and a little wilted spinach. It’s also delicious as part of a hearty savoury breakfast, think baked beans, hash browns, buttered toast, mushrooms and tomatoes = incredible!
Looking for more cosy autumnal meal ideas? Try out my incredibly popular Creamy Tomato Pasta or my Easy Cherry & Banana Baked Oats.
If you make this Easy Tofu Scramble, please make sure to comment below or tag me in your recreations over on Instagram using @ginabnutrition or #ginabnutrition – I absolutely love to see them!
Easy Firm Tofu Scramble (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 300 grams Firm Tofu drained and patted dry
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder (for colour)
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 Fresh Chilli optional – finely chopped
- 2 Spring Onions optional – finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika optional
- Sprinkle Cayenne Pepper optional
- Herbs (Your Choice) to garnish (I love Coriander)
- Place the tofu in a large bowl
- Using a potato masher, press down on the tofu until crumbled down to a 'scrambled' consistency
- Next, heat the olive oil up in a large frying pan/skillet over a medium-high heat
- Add the garlic, spring onion and fresh chilli (if using) to the pan and cook for about a minute until fragrant
- Add in the crumbled tofu along with the nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, spices and water and turn down the heat to medium and stir with a spatula
- Cook for a further 5 minutes