These Easy Cherry & Banana Baked Oats are one of my all time FAVOURITE breakfasts!
If you’re looking for ways to spice up your mornings a little, this is the perfect recipe for you! I find I can easily get sick of monotonous porridge and oatmeal bowls, so it’s important to switch up your meals to keep those mornings delicious! Plus, baking your oats literally makes them taste like hot, cakey dessert.. and who doesn’t like dessert?
As the mornings get a little darker and cooler, these hot and fudgy baked oats make for the most comforting, warming breakfast. As well as packing in tonnes of fibre, healthy fats and antioxidants!
I absolutely love playing around with toppings for my Baked Oats. They’re delicious with thick coconut yoghurt, peanut butter (it goes all ‘melty’ into the hot oats!) coconut shreds, maple syrup.. the list is endless! I’ve listed a few ideas in the ingredients list so you can get creative.
If you make these Easy Cherry & Banana Baked Oats then please make sure to comment below or tag me in your recreations over on Instagram using @ginabnutrition or #ginabnutrition – I love to see them! Happy breakfasting!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (use gluten free oats if required)
- 1/2 a mashed banana
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
- Handful of stoned cherries (I use frozen)
- Peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- Coconut yoghurt
- Any dairy-free yoghurt
- Coconut shreds
- Chia seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Maple syrup
- Banana slices
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease a small ovenproof bowl with a little oil.
- In another bowl, add all the ingredients apart from the cherries and mix thoroughly. Then, stir in the cherries.
- Pour the mixture into the greased bowl and place in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Carefully remove of with oven gloves, top with your favourite toppings and enjoy!