I’m TOO excited to share these Vegan Protein Blondies with you. They’re perfectly moist, fluffy, and of course, totally plant based! They include the addition of a delicious new Vegan Protein Powder I’ve recently had the pleasure of trying. Scroll down for more!
When the lovely people over at Free Soul contacted me regarding trying out their protein powder, I have to admit, I was skeptical at first. I’ve tried many vegan protein powders in the past from various brands and I tend to find they either have a funny taste or weird texture. However, after looking at their beautiful Instagram and website, I just had to say yes!
The delivery came in the post and at first I was taken aback by their gorgeous packaging (you guys know how much I like aesthetically pleasing packaging..) like seriously, I could stare at it for hours!
Firstly, I tried the protein in a super simple smoothie. I blended up a frozen banana, a handful of berries, a little frozen courgette and a scoop of the Free Soul vanilla protein, it was DELISH – super creamy and dessert-like. And who doesn’t like dessert for breakfast?! I also found that my blood sugar didn’t crash a couple hours after breakfast, which it usually does! I can’t wait to incorporate this protein into more of my breakfasts and snacks.
Another thing I love about this product is the ingredients. Just check out the goodness in this protein..
This blend of natural and nutrient-dense ingredients such as Maca, Guarana and Ginseng makes this protein one of a kind; these ingredients can help to balance hormones, energy and mood. The powder is high in Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, B vitamins, meaning it’s an ideal protein choice for vegans like myself! It’s also totally free from gluten, soy, GMO and artificial colourings.
Delicious AND nutritious? I’m in.
One of my favourite things about Free Soul is that they’re a women-empowering company. The first thing I read when I opened the box was ‘She needed a hero, so that’s what she became.’ I am ALL about this – I instantly felt empowered and uplifted! At Free Soul their goal is to make female nutrition more accessible, due to the current protein market being such a male-dominated one. Their protein blend is carefully formulated for us women to complement our busy routines.
These Vegan Protein Blondies are your new favourite sweet treat. The addition of the Free Soul Protein Powder adds the BEST vanilla taste! They’re quick to bake, contain the simplest ingredients, and they taste seriously good (obviously). I wanted to make sure they were the perfect combination of moist and fluffy – and I think I’ve cracked it. The gooey raspberries just make them even more scrumptious!
I’ve also included the option for 2 different add-ins: chopped dark chocolate or raspberries. Both work deliciously in this recipe (trust me, I’ve tried them). If you’re feeling extra funky, you can even add both.
If you make these Vegan Protein Blondies then please make sure to comment below or tag me in your recreations over on Instagram using @ginabnutrition – I love to see them. Happy baking!
(makes 9 large blondies)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 scoops Free Soul Vegan Vanilla Protein Blend
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3-1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup almond or cashew butter
- 1/3 cup melted then cooled coconut oil (I like to use odourless coconut oil)
- 3/4 – 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup raspberries OR 3/4 cup chopped vegan dark chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 185C and line a 9×9″ (or similar size) square tin. Grease on top of the parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, protein powder, sea salt, baking powder and sugar of choice.
- In another smaller bowl, add the nut butter (if it’s thick/difficult to stir, pop it into the microwave for 20 seconds to soften), the oil and the non-dairy milk, then whisk.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry bowl and mix until a thick batter appears. If it seems a little thick, add a splash more milk!
- Stir in the raspberries/chocolate chunks until evenly distributed.
- Pour the batter into the lined tin and spread out using a spatula.
- Place in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown around the edges or until a skewer comes out clean. Take out and let them cool for 30 mins to 1 hour, then chop into 9 squares and enjoy! Store in an airtight container for unto 5 days.
Thank you so much to Free Soul for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions expressed are completely honest.