Pasta of any sort is such a staple in my kitchen, and I’m always experimenting with new pasta recipes. This Roasted Red Pepper Pasta is my new go-to!
This meal is quick, easy, nutritious and super delish. You only need a handful of ingredients, a blender, a saucepan and you’re good to go!
The recipe is totally vegan; made with totally plant based and gluten free ingredients. It’s perfect dinner for a group of people as it’s suitable for many dietary preferences.
If you make this Roasted Red Pepper Pasta then please make sure to comment below or tag me in your recreations over on Instagram using @ginabnutrition – I love to see them! Happy cooking!
- 2 red bell peppers
- 4 cloves garlic
- Olive oil (for roasting)
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup + 1tbsp soy milk (or dairy-free milk of choice)
- Spaghetti/pasta for two
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 190C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Chop the peppers into medium sized chunks and spread out on the tray. Chop one end of each garlic clove and add these to the baking tray too.
- Drizzle olive oil over the peppers and garlic along with a little salt and pepper. Place in the oven and roast for around 20 minutes.
- Put the spaghetti on to boil according to packet instructions.
- Take out the red pepper tray and add the pepper to a blender. Squeeze out the garlic into the blender as well as the tomato puree, nutritional yeast, extra virgin olive oil, plant milk, chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Blend on high until creamy.
- When the spaghetti has finished cooking, drain it and add to the pan, mix in the creamy red pepper sauce and enjoy with a garnish of fresh basil.