This Vegan Parmesan is one of my absolute staples in the kitchen. It takes pastas and risottos to the next level! I love nutritional yeast on it’s own, but the combination with salt, garlic powder and cashews adds those extra flavours that your tastebuds will thank you for!
This recipe is so quick, simple and easy, it’s hardly even worth a blog post. It contains just 4 ingredients and will take you minimum 5 minutes to whip up. It’s also gluten free, plant based and soy free.
I store mine in an airtight jar (yay for upcycling) in the fridge for upto a month, and just sprinkle allll over everything.
For this recipe, all you’ll need is:
Nutritional Yeast (this one is my favourite)
Garlic powder (I like this one)
And that’s it! Just pulse in a blender for a couple of seconds and you’re good to go. I love it sprinkled on risottos, pizza and pasta dishes like this Roasted Red Pepper Pasta or my Creamy Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pasta.
If you make this recipe, make sure to comment below or tag me on Instagram – @georginaburgess_ – I love seeing your recreations!
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1-2 tsp garlic powder (to taste)
- 1/2-1 tsp sea salt (to taste)
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and pulse for a few seconds until a powder has formed. Make sure you don’t over-blend! Taste and add any salt or garlic powder to your preference.
- Add to an airtight jar and store in the fridge for upto a month. Enjoy!