These Vegan Chocolate Crunch Protein Bars are the perfect vegan and gluten free snack. They’re incredibly quick and easy to make, suitable for both gluten free and vegan diets, and most importantly, so yummy!
I’ve been meaning to create a super easy protein bar recipe for a while and I’ve finally got round to it. I wanted to create a no bake, fuss free recipe that can be whipped up in under 20 minutes and be ready to enjoy throughout the week!
For the protein powder, I’m using Garden of Life’s Raw Organic Vegan Vanilla Protein, which is my absolute go-to. I love this product, it’s packed with protein, containing 22g protein per serving, and actually tastes yummy! It also contains important nutrients such as vitamin D, iron, Zinc, vitamin E, Selenium and Manganese, so this protein compliments a plant based diet amazingly. This protein is also certified organic and non GMO, it’s ‘raw’ because heat can denature proteins, so it’s been produced at low temperatures.
If you’d like to try this protein for yourself, you can use my code BFGEORGINA for a discount (this applies to all products on their site too!) I also love their MyKind Organics Vegan D3 Spray and MyKind Organics Vegan Raspberry Vitamin B12 Spray. I love their products as they’re always 100% traceable and organic, as well as being whole-food based and non-synthetically produced.
I’ve worked with Garden of Life in the past to create this delicious Vegan Chocolate Chip Protein Mug Cake which is another great one to try. Both of these recipes are super quick, simple and fun to make!
A mixture of smooth almond butter, maple syrup and protein are the key ingredients to the protein base. These come together to create the perfect squidgy protein bar texture. I like to use almond butter because I find it’s the most neutral of the nut butters, but you could also use peanut butter and make these into peanut butter chocolate protein bars (yum)!
I love the addition of the crispy rice cereal. It’s such as simple ingredient and so easy to find, yet adds the best crunchy texture to the protein bars! It really makes all the difference so don’t skip this step!
I love having a batch of these protein bars made in the fridge or freezer, so there’s always a satisfying and filling snack ready for when I’m peckish, but also fancy a sweet treat. These are a great recipe to make at the start of the week so you have a quick and delicious snack or breakfast bar on hand throughout the week!
If you make these Vegan Chocolate Crunch Protein Bars, please make sure to either comment below or tag me over on Instagram – @georginaburgess_ – I love seeing your recreations!
Makes approximately 8 protein bars
For the protein base:
- 1 cup smooth almond butter (you can also sub for peanut butter)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup Garden of Life Raw Organic Protein Powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil (use refined or odourless coconut oil to avoid the coconut taste) or vegan butter
- Pinch salt
- 2/3 cup crispy rice cereal
For the chocolate topping:
- 1/2-3/4 cup dark/vegan chocolate
- 1-2 tbsp refined/odourless coconut oil or vegan butter
- Start by lining a 4×8″ dish with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, add the nut butter, maple syrup, pinch salt, vanilla and coconut oil and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the protein powder until a thick dough-like texture forms.
- Add in the crispy rice cereal and mix so it’s evenly distributed.
- Pour this into the dish and press down so that it’s even.
- To melt the chocolate, either add the chocolate and coconut oil to a Bain Marie (a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water) or melt in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Pour the chocolate over the protein base and spread out. Place in the freezer to set for approximately 30 minutes until it’s set. You can then cut into squares or bars and enjoy! You can store them in the fridge or freezer.
Thank you so much to Garden of Life for sponsoring this post.