I originally posted this Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate recipe as just an Instagram reel, but I’ve decided that it definitely deserves a blog post of it’s own after how much you guys are loving it! This is a completely fool-proof recipe, and the result is the most decadent, silky hot chocolate. It’s basically hot, liquid Reese’s.. heaven.
Make sure to head over to my Instagram to see the recipe video for this (it’s on my reels tab) – @georginaburgess_
‘Tis the season for hot beverages and binge watching Netflix (specifically Gilmore Girls – it isn’t Autumn if Gilmore Girls isn’t on repeat). And this Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate is ideal. It’s comforting, smooth and so delicious.
Obviously, the most essential ingredient in this recipe is peanut butter. I always have peanut butter in the cupboard (an absolute kitchen essential for me) but if you don’t, make sure you choose the smooth kind. I’m currently using this one but I also love this one.
Also, check out my Cupboard Essentials page for more of the ingredients I like to make sure I always have in while consuming a plant based diet.
You can totally experiment with the other ingredients with this recipe. Any plant milk/dairy free milk will be absolutely fine! Personally, I love using oat milk (I like this one and this one). You could also even try different nut butters if you’re fancying it! Almond butter or cashew butter would be absolutely delicious.
You could also use any sort of sweetener you have in your cupboard for this hot chocolate! I used maple syrup, but sugar would be totally fine too. This is the maple syrup I have been using recently.
If you make this recipe, please make sure to tag me over on Instagram – @georginaburgess_ – or comment below. I love seeing your recreations!
- 1 cup dairy free milk of choice, warmed (I like to use oat milk but any is fine)
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1-2 tbsp cocoa powder (you could also use cacao powder)
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- Pinch salt
- Heat up your dairy free milk either on the hob or in the microwave so that it’s nice and warm.
- Add the milk and all the other ingredients to a blender and blend for a few seconds until it’s smooth. Pour into your favourite mug, cosy up and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links.