These Vegan Lemon & Blueberry Muffins are the IDEAL Summery treat!
They only takes a total of 10 minutes prep, and 25 minutes to bake. They’re super easy and so fun to make!
I love recipes like these because they take me back to being a little girl; I used to bake cakes and cupcakes all the time! The fact I can veganize everything I used to love baking makes me SO happy. The combination of the gooey blueberries with the slight hint of lemon is absolutely divine, you won’t be able to stop after just one! I recommend enjoying one mid-morning with a lovely cup of tea.
For more easy-peasy baking fun, why not try my Easy Vegan Banana Bread.
If you make these Vegan Lemon & Blueberry Muffins, please make sure to comment below or tag me in your recreations over on Instagram using @ginabnutrition or #ginabnutrition – I absolutely love to see them!
(makes 12 muffins)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil (or sub for any vegetable oil)
- 3/4-1 cup dairy-free milk (I use soya)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar/white vinegar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 1/3 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 185C and line a muffin tray with 12 cases.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder + bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl and stir.
- Mix in the caster sugar, sea salt and lemon zest.
- In another smaller bowl whisk together the wet ingredients: olive oil, milk, vanilla extract, vinegar and lemon juice.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry bowl and mix thoroughly. If the mixture is too thick for cake batter, add a splash more milk!
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into each cake case until they’re all equally filled and bake for 25-28 minutes until golden brown. Enjoy! Store in the fridge.