Banana bread is one of the BEST snacks ever. Toasted and buttered, warmed with coconut yoghurt, smothered in peanut butter, or simply on it’s own; it’s so comforting and delicious!
I think some people find the idea of vegan baking slightly daunting, and that’s what I want to change. Vegan baking is actually much simpler than non-vegan baking, in my opinion! This Easy Vegan Banana Bread recipe is so easy and super quick to make, you’ll be surprised!
I’ve included the option to make this banana bread with wholewheat flour, which is just as delicious with an added fibre bonus!
Helpful Hack: FREEZE your bananas with the skin on when they’re going brown/black in the fruit bowl. Then, when you want to make a banana bread either take them out and leave on a plate to defrost or defrost them in the microwave. They will squeeze out of the skin perfectly and will hardly need any mashing!
If you make this recipe, please make sure to comment below or tag me in your recreations over on Instagram using @ginabnutrition or #ginabnutrition – I absolutely love to see them!
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup olive oil (can sub for any vegetable oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp milk of choice (I used oat milk)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour or wholewheat flour
- 1/3-1/2 cup brown sugar (adjust to your preference)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Chopped walnuts and banana slices for topping
- Preheat your oven to 190C and grease a 9×5″ loaf tin.
- In a medium bowl, add the ripe bananas and mash with a fork. Add the olive oil, vanilla extract and milk and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt, then add this mixture to the dry bowl and mix until well combined.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf tin, spread out with a spatula and sprinkle over some chopped walnuts or place some sliced banana on top.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool and enjoy! Store in an airtight container.