I’m so obsessed with these no bake brownies! They’re super quick and easy to make, consisting of only a few very simple ingredients. Completely vegan and gluten free, these little brownie bites are the perfect snack to power you through your day.
Make sure to hashtag #ginabnutrition or tag me @ginabnutrition on Instagram – I love to see your creations!
Why You’ll Loves These No Bake Brownies…
- Simple and Minimal Ingredients: These brownie bites are made with just three essential ingredients: cocoa powder, almond butter, and maple syrup. Everything else you’ll almost certainly already have at home.
- Effortless Preparation: Crafting these bites is a breeze, taking less than a minute or two. You only need to mix cocoa powder, almond butter, and maple syrup together and then shape them into delightful balls.
- Irresistible Texture: The brownie bites boast a soft and fudgy texture that practically dissolves in your mouth. This characteristic texture is a key factor in their appeal.
- Health-Conscious Choice: These bites maintain their indulgent taste while secretly being a healthier option. They’re free from eggs, flour, and grains, which can make them suitable for various dietary preferences or restrictions.
- Quick Dessert Delight: When it comes to swift and uncomplicated desserts, these brownie bites reign supreme. Their creation demands minimal time investment, making them a top choice for satisfying dessert cravings in an instant.
- Pantry Staples: The beauty of these bites lies in their reliance on pantry staples. With just cocoa powder, almond butter, and maple syrup, they harness common ingredients that are probably already stocked in your kitchen.
Tips for Achieving the Best Results with your No Bake Brownie Bites:
- Adjusting Consistency: Should you find your brownie batter excessively sticky, consider incorporating a small amount of additional cocoa powder. Conversely, if the batter appears overly thick, you have the option to gently dilute it by incorporating a touch of water.
- Managing Stickiness: To stop the mixture adhering too much to your hands during the rolling process, it’s advisable to lightly moisten your hands with water or apply a thin layer of oil. This simple technique will streamline the shaping of the bites.
- Accelerated Firming: If expediting the firming process is your aim, a practical strategy involves placing the formed brownie bites in the freezer. This cooling step can hasten the solidification of the bites and potentially reduce the waiting time before indulgence.
How To Make My No Bake Brownies
These are the ingredients you’ll need to make these beautiful no bake brownies…
- Oat Flour (3/4 Cup): Oat flour is made by grinding oats into a fine powder. It adds a nutty and slightly earthy flavor to the brownie bites. Oats are a good source of fiber, which can help provide a chewy texture and contribute to the overall nutritional value of the bites.
- Smooth Nut Butter (1/2 Cup): Nut butter, such as almond, peanut, or cashew butter, adds creaminess, richness, and a nutty flavor to the brownie bites. It also contributes healthy fats and protein, which help make the bites more satisfying and provide an energy boost.
- Maple Syrup (1/3 Cup): Maple syrup acts as a natural sweetener and helps bind the ingredients together. It adds a pleasant sweetness and a hint of caramel-like flavor. While it does add sugars, using natural sweeteners like maple syrup can be a preferable alternative to refined sugars.
- Vanilla Extract (1 tsp): Vanilla extract enhances the overall flavor profile of the brownie bites. It adds warmth and depth to the taste, making the bites more appealing.
- Cocoa or Cacao Powder (1/2 Cup): Cocoa or cacao powder is what gives your brownie bites their rich chocolate flavor. It also provides antioxidants and a deep color. Cacao powder, in particular, is less processed than traditional cocoa powder and retains more of its nutritional content.
- Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips (1/2 Cup): Dark chocolate chips contribute pockets of chocolatey goodness throughout the bites. They add both texture and flavor. Dark chocolate contains less sugar than milk chocolate and provides a more intense chocolate taste.
- Non-Dairy Milk (2 tbsp): Non-dairy milk, such as almond, soy, or oat milk, helps bind the ingredients and adjust the consistency of the mixture. It also adds moisture and creaminess to the bites.
No Bake Brownie Bites (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 3/4 Cup Oat Flour simply grind oats in your blender (use gluten free oats if needed)
- 1/2 Cup Smooth Nut Butter of your choice
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa or Cacao Powder
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp Non Dairy Milk of your choice
- Put the nut butter and maple syrup in a heat-proof bowl and mix well
- Place in the microwave and heat for a minute or so until melted together
- When a smooth mixture has formed, add in the oat flour, cocoa powder and vanilla extract
- Mix well with a wooden spoon until a thick and doughy consistency forms
- Add the chocolate chips and mix them in with your hands so that they're evenly distributed
- At this point you can in a tablespoon or so of plant milk if the mixture is too dry (optional)
- Scoop out tablespoons of the dough and roll into balls before placing on a lined small baking tray
- Place this in the freezer for 15 minutes so that they harden