These Hot Chocolate Overnight Oats have been so popular over on Instagram, so I thought I’d leave an easy-to-access recipe here on the blog!
If you love your oatmeal/porridge thick, this recipe is for you! These are the thickest, cakiest overnight oats ever.
I absolutely adore overnight oats. They take 5 minutes to prep in the evening, then in the morning you can just grab and go! The soaking also makes them super thick and creamy.
Soaking your oats overnight may also make them easier on your digestion as their starches break down and phytic acid is reduced.
If you make this recipe, please make sure to comment below or tag me in your recreations over on Instagram using @ginabnutrition or #ginabnutrition – I absolutely love to see them!
- 1/3-1/2 cup rolled oats – use gluten free if required
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed/linseed
- 1 tbsp cacao powder (you can also use cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp maple syrup/sweetener choice
- 3/4 cup almond milk/oat milk/soya milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Almond butter
- Peanut butter
- Banana slices
- Chia seeds
- Frozen berries (I used blueberries)
- Fresh berries
- Cacao nibs
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together thoroughly.
- Either cover the bowl or empty into a jar, and place in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning – take them out of the fridge and stir well. Heat them up over the stove on a medium heat, or just eat them cold! Top with your favourite toppings and enjoy!