These rice crispy squares are so divine. They’re sweet, sticky and chocolatey all at the same time. Totally vegan and gluten free, and they’re perfect for making with kids! These are super easy to make and only require a few simple ingredients. Make sure to tag me in your creations on Instagram: @ginabnutrition or hashtag #ginabnutrition – I love to see!
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (I use refined/cooking coconut oil to avoid the coconut taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate broken up/chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Almonds, roughly chopped
- Cacao nibs
- Start by lining a 9×9″ square brownie tin with baking paper.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt the coconut oil over a low-medium heat along with the almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and pinch sea salt – whisking constantly.
- Take off the heat and pour in the rice crispy cereal and mix until it is all coated with the almond butter mixture. Leave for 5 minutes to cool slightly before stirring in the chocolate chips.
- Press this into the brownie tin with the back of a spoon, then place in the freezer for 20 minutes until set.
- Make a bain marie (place a glass bowl over a saucepan of hot water), and place the dark chocolate and coconut oil in the bowl to melt while stirring. When it’s liquid, pour over the rice crispy tray and spread with a spatula. Sprinkle over the roughly chopped almonds and cacao nibs before placing back in the freezer for 30 minutes to set. Enjoy! Store in the freezer.