It’s probably fairly obvious by now that I’m a huge fan of baked oats.. I love experimenting with different variations, and these Blueberry Baked Oats are so cosy and comforting. They’re perfect if you have a little extra time on your hands and SO worth the wait!
These Blueberry Muffin Baked Oats are naturally gluten free and totally vegan. Even though they take a little more time than your average breakfast, it’s totally worth it as it’s super satisfying and keeps you going throughout the morning. This breakfast is packed with fibre, healthy fats and antioxidants. I topped mine with peanut butter, cinnamon and maple syrup – so delicious!
If you make these Blueberry Baked Oats then please make sure to comment below or tag me in your recreations over on Instagram using @ginabnutrition or #ginabnutrition – I love to see them! Happy breakfasting!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (use gluten free if needed)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 a mashed banana (or 2 tbsp apple sauce)
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk (I like using oat or soya milk)
- Handful blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- Coconut yoghurt
- Any dairy-free yoghurt
- Coconut shreds
- Coconut chips
- Chia seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Maple syrup
- Banana slices
- Preheat your oven to 185C and grease a small bowl or ramekin of choice with a little oil.
- In another bowl, add all the ingredients apart from the blueberries and mix thoroughly. Stir in the blueberries.
- Pour the mixture into the greased bowl and if you’d like, scatter over a few banana slices, some extra blueberries or chopped walnuts. Place in the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and delicious smelling!
- Carefully remove of with oven gloves, top with your favourite toppings and enjoy.