Granola might actually be one of my favourite foods ever.. it’s the combination of toasted nuts and seeds, the clusters of baked oats and the sweet, chewy raisins. This recipe requires a few basic, nutritious ingredients and your kitchen will smell incredible while it’s baking! It’s amazing on smoothies, with coconut yoghurt or even straight from the jar..
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup nuts of choice
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup/honey
- 1 cup dried fruit (I used raisins + chopped dates)
- Place the nuts in a food processor and pulse until they are partly crushed.
- Next, add the crushed nuts to a large mixing bowl with the other dry ingredients (apart from the raisins) then stir.
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan with the maple syrup/honey and cinnamon on a low heat, then add to the dry bowl and mix well ~ the mixture should be slightly sticky (and very tempting to eat the lot)
- Spread the mixture out on a lined baking tray and bake for 30-35 mins at 180C until crunchy, stirring occasionally.
- When baked, leave to cool for 10 mins before adding the dried fruit.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!