These Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Cups are the tastiest treat!
I wanted to create a delicious chocolatey treat which requires no baking, because nobody feels like baking in summer, right?
They’re rich, decadent, fudgy and super satisfying.
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Cups are made with totally plant based and gluten free ingredients; cocoa powder, coconut oil, peanut butter and maple syrup. They’re packed with protein and healthy fats, making them the perfect snack to keep you going.
If you make this recipe, please make sure to comment below or tag me in your recreations over on Instagram using @ginabnutrition or #ginabnutrition – I absolutely LOVE to see them!
(makes around 12 fudge cups)
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 5 tbsp coconut oil (use refined/odourless if you dislike to coconut taste)
- 8 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup (sweeten to your preference)
- Generous pinch sea salt
- Partially crushed peanuts (for topping)
- Line a cupcake tray with 12 cupcake cases.
- Melt your coconut oil either in a saucepan over a low-medium heat, or in the microwave until runny.
- Place it in a blender along with the peanut butter, cocoa powder, vanilla and sea salt, then blend until a thick, smooth consistency forms.
- Spoon the mixture into the cups, and smooth over each one with a teaspoon. Sprinkle over the crushed peanuts.
- Place in the freezer for an hour until they’re hardened before eating. Store them in the freezer and let them thaw slightly before enjoying!