The Perfect Sweet Potato Wedges which are perfectly soft and fluffy on the inside, whilst being crispy and golden on the outside. These are are the perfect side dish – sweet, spicy, warming and nutritious.
These Perfect Sweet Potato Wedges are a great staple side dish during the Autumn and Winter months. I love having them with creamy hummus or guacamole/mashed avocado for a super quick and easy lunch at home!
Sweet potatoes are naturally gluten free, as well as being a great source of vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium and fibre; making them a great way to switch up your carbohydrates.
If you make these Perfect Sweet Potato Wedges, please make sure to tag me in your recreations over on Instagram using @ginabnutrition – I just love seeing them!
- 3 large sweet potatoes, washed and scrubbed
- 3 tbsp light olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder/granules (omit this if you want to use them for a sweet meal)
- Generous pinch sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200C and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into wedges and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil, spices, salt and pepper to the bowl and using your hands, coat all the wedges thoroughly.
- Spread them out on the baking paper so that they’re evenly spaced apart.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes. Take them out half way through and turn them over. Done! Enjoy – I LOVE them with either hummus or mashed avocado.