So even though this is super simple I thought I would write up a quick recipe for the perfect sweet potato wedges. These are so delicious – sweet, spicy, warming and nutritious. They’re perfectly soft on the inside and crispy on the outside!
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder/granules (omit this if you want to use them for a sweet meal)
- Generous pinch sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200C and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into wedges and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil, spices, salt and pepper to the bowl and using your hands, coat all the wedges thoroughly.
- Spread them out on the baking paper so that they’re evenly spaced.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes. Take them out half way through and turn them over. Done! Enjoy – I LOVE them with either hummus or mashed avocado.