A simple but deliciously fresh summer bean salad with only 5 main ingredients (plus an unbelievably tasty dressing), which is perfect as a main or a side.
This Cannellini Bean & Sundried Tomato Salad is amazingly fresh and zingy, coming together in under 15 minutes. The best part – it requires no cooking at all! It’s fabulous as a side dish or even as a main with a hunk of warm crusty bread and butter. It also keeps well for as leftovers and works perfectly as meal prep.
- 2 400g tins cannellini beans, drained + rinsed
- 1/2 a red onion, diced finely
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (jarred), chopped
- Large handful fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Large handful fresh basil, roughly chopped
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Juice of half 1 lemon
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup (to taste)
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Start by making the dressing – add all the ingredients to a jar, screwing the lid on tight and shaking well. Taste and add any seasoning to your preference.
- Add all the salad ingredients to a large bowl and stir so they’re evenly distributed.
- Pour over the dressing and toss the salad so it’s coated well. Serve immediately or refrigerate for upto 3 days. Enjoy! Don’t forget to let me know how you found it in the comments below or over on Instagram!