Tofu has to be one of my favourite foods! Sometimes I get an intense craving for this Perfect Crispy Baked Tofu and I just have to go and make it. It’s super easy and a perfect simple recipe for those who are new to tofu!
I love it stirred into stir fries, and usually have leftovers for lunch the next day with a salad and some hummus. It’s really versatile and SO delicious.
I probably have tofu 1 or 2 times per week, not only is it absolutely delicious (when cooked the right way) but it’s also a great source of plant protein, containing all 8 amino acids. Tofu contains calcium, iron and manganese, making it brilliant for vegans! So go on then, what are you waiting for?
If you make this Perfect Crispy Baked Tofu then please make sure to comment below or tag me in your recreations over on Instagram using @ginabnutrition or #ginabnutrition – I love to see them!
- 1 block firm or extra firm tofu (smoked tofu is even more delicious for this recipe!)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (use Tamari for gluten free option)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 190C and line baking sheet with baking paper.
- Gently press or squeeze the tofu to remove any excess water, you can also pat dry with a paper towel.
- Cube the block of tofu into small cubes and place in a small bowl.
- Pour in the oil, soy sauce/tamari and cornstarch and mix well until all cubes are coated.
- Spread out the cubes over the baking sheet so that they’re evenly spaced, then place in the preheated oven to bake for around 25-30 minutes until crispy and golden brown, depending on how big the tofu pieces are. You can decide how crispy you’d like it by taking it out a little earlier or later. Enjoy!