These have to be my new fave treats. They’re chewy, crunchy + deliciously sweet all at the same time 😍 This recipe is a great one for kids too – its so fun and takes no time at all! Cornflakes don’t have to be just a breakfast cereal! They’re actually very versatile and work amazingly in this recipe. Corn is naturally gluten free, and the recipe is also completely vegan. Enjoy!
- 3 cups gluten free cornflakes
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup – to taste (I used Clark’s original)
- 4 heaped tbsp coconut oil (I used The Natural Empire)
- 6 tbsp smooth cashew butter/almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 C coconut oil
- 3/4 C cocoa/cacao powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup/liquid sweetener of choice (to taste)
- Vegan dark chocolate (just melt and pour on top, then set in the freezer)
- Firstly, line a 9×9″ brownie tin/tray with baking paper. Then, place the cornflakes in a large mixing bowl and crush by pressing down with your hands (very, very fun) until they’re a lot smaller than their original size.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt the coconut oil, nut butter, maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt over a medium heat – whisking thoroughly – until a (very inviting) liquid has formed.
- Pour this over the cornflakes and mix thoroughly with a large spoon.
- Spoon the cornflake mixture into the brownie tin and press down with the back of your spoon until even. Place this in the freezer to set, while you make the chocolate topping.
- In a new pan, melt the coconut oil over a medium heat, then whisk in the cacao powder and maple syrup.
- Take out the cornflake tray and pour over the chocolate mixture until it evenly covers the base. Place this back in the freezer and leave for about 20-30 minutes to set.
- Take out and slice into squares – then enjoy! Store these in the fridge or freezer – I actually prefer them straight from the freezer because they’re extra chewy and delicious. 😍