I’ve been meaning to recreate my version of the classic brownie for so long now, and I’ve finally done it!
This is a super simple recipe with just a few easy to access ingredients; NO sweet potato, NO black beans, NO bananas and NO tofu… because sometimes you just need a classic vegan brownie.
These no-fuss brownies are everything you want in a brownie: moist, fudgey and so decadent. You wouldn’t believe they’re egg free! They’re make a delicious dessert warmed up with a dollop of vegan cream or coconut yoghurt.
If you make this recipe, please make sure to comment below or tag me in your recreations over on Instagram using @ginabnutrition or #ginabnutrition – I absolutely love to see them!
Makes 16 small brownies – depending on the size you slice them up!
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup demerera sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 flax eggs (mix 2 tbsp ground flaxseed with 6 tbsp water and leave for 5 or so minutes until set)
- 1 scant cup olive oil/vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (oat, soya, rice)
- 1/2 cup dark/vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 190C and line a 9×9″ baking tin with baking paper.
- Into a large mixing bowl, sieve the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder, then add the sugar, sea salt and stir.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the oil, maple syrup, vanilla and flax eggs.
- Pour the wet bowl into the dry bowl and mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into your lied tin and smooth out with a spatula.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave until cooled before slicing into squares. Store in an airtight container – enjoy!