These Chocolate Freezer Bars are my favourite sweet treat at the moment! They’re so delicious, and made with totally plant based and gluten free ingredients. Not only are they super quick to make, they require no baking at all – my favourite kind of recipe!
I love having these freezer bars handy for when I’m on the go – they’re sweet, satisfying and the perfect snack to help get you through your day.
If you make this recipe, please make sure to comment below or tag me in your recreations over on Instagram using @ginabnutrition or #ginabnutrition – I absolutely love to see them.
- 1 scant cup oat flour (grind quick oats to a fine flour using a high speed blender – use gluten free if required)
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup runny peanut butter (or nut butter of choice – use almond or cashew for a more neutral taste)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted (I use ‘odourless’/’refined’ coconut oil to avoid the coconut taste)
- 1/2 cup cocoa/cacao powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips (optional)
- If you haven’t already, place your oats in a high speed blender (I use a NutriBullet) and pulse until a fine flour forms. Place this in a bowl and do the same with your almonds.
- Melt your coconut oil and place in a medium sized mixing bowl along with the peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt – mix well.
- Stir in the oat flour and ground almonds until well combined.
- Line a 8×8″ (or similar size) square tin with baking paper and press the mixture into the tin. Sprinkle with dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs (optional).
- Place in the fridge or freezer to set for half an hour. Take out and slice into squares – enjoy! Keep in a container in the fridge or freezer.