These Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats are the perfect little Easter goodies! They only require a few simple ingredients and are super fun to make – perfect for making with kids! They’re so simple and easy to whip up as there is absolutely no baking is required at all. They’re totally vegan, gluten free, and so delicious.
I love the addition of the cute and colourful mini eggs which are inspired by the recipe by Aimee at Wallflower Kitchen! Marzipan has always been one of my favourite flavours and the chewy texture is divine with the crunchy rice crispy squares.
If you make these this Easter, please make sure to comment below or tag me in your recreations over on Instagram using @ginabnutrition or #ginabnutrition – I absolutely love seeing them!
For the chocolate rice crispy treats:
- 2 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup smooth cashew butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (use odourless/refined coconut oil to avoid the coconut taste)
For the marzipan mini eggs:
- 50g ground almonds
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 tsp of each: matcha, turmeric, cocoa powder, or any natural vegan food colourings!
- Line a 9×9″ (or similar sized) square tin with baking paper.
- Place the chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl along with the coconut oil and cashew butter. Heat in the microwave for a minute or so until partially melted, then mix until fully melted. Alternatively, melt the ingredients in a bowl over a boiling pan of water until liquid.
- Stir in the crispy rice cereal until well combined. Spoon the mixture into your lined tin and press down evenly. Place in the freezer for around 30 mins – 1 hour.
- To make the marzipan mini eggs, place the ground almonds, vanilla and maple syrup in a small bowl and mix well.
- Split the mixture into 3 separate small bowls and stir in your three different colourings of choice. With your hands, roll into balls and then press into egg shapes. Place each one onto a tray and put back in the freezer to set! When set, put the mini eggs on top of each rice crispy treat and enjoy! Store in the freezer.