There’s nothing better than peanut butter and chocolate, right? These no-bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are SO delicious, as well as being ridiculously easy to make! They’re totally vegan, flourless and gluten free – making them the most perfect sweet treat to suit pretty much everyone. Not only are they really tasty, they’re also super satisfying.
I love using coconut flour – the texture is so perfect for these kind of no-bake treats! It makes the bottom layer just like the inside of Reese’s peanut butter cups.. YUM.
If you make these, please do make sure to either comment below or tag me in your photo on Instagram using @ginabnutrition or #ginabnutrition – I absolutely love to see your recreations!
Peanut butter layer:
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-5 tbsp maple syrup (to taste)
- 2/3 cup vegan/dark chocolate chips (you can also use broken up dark chocolate)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Roughly line a loaf tin with baking paper
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the peanut butter, vanilla and maple syrup – whisk until well combined. Then, mix in the coconut flour.
- Spoon this into the bottom of the loaf tin and press down with your hands until even.
- Put the chocolate chips in a microwave-proof bowl along with the coconut oil. Microwave for 1-2 minutes until partially melted, mix until completely melted. If you’re using broken up chocolate, melt this in a bain marie (glass bowl over a pan with hot water) over the stove.
- Pour this over the peanut butter layer and place in the freezer for 30 minutes until set.
- Pull the slab out of the loaf tin and turn it upside down onto a chopping board – this makes it easier to then slice into bars (as the chocolate will be harder). Slice into bars and enjoy! Store in the fridge or freezer.