Hi guys! I’ve been wanting to share this recipe with you for AGES (if you haven’t already noticed on Instagram..) and now I’m free of studying I finally can! These cute lil fudgey bites are SO chewy + sweet, which contrasts deliciously to the slight bitterness of the tahini (trust me, it works). It also happens to be totally vegan and gluten free, oh and there’s a nut free option too! Hooray! Make sure to tag me in your recreations on Instagram @ginabnutrition or hashtag #ginabnutrition as I LOVE to see them!
(makes around 20-28 fudgey bites)
- 1/2 cup hulled tahini
- 3 tbsp smooth cashew or almond butter (sub for more tahini for nut free option)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup oat flour – simply grind quick oats in your blender until a fine flour forms (use gluten free oats if needed)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Line the bottom of a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl; add the tahini, nut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and pinch sea salt – whisk together until fully combined.
- Add in the oar flour and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon it into the bottom of the loaf tin and press down slightly with the back of your spoon so that it’s evenly spread.
- Place in the freezer for about 30-45 minutes. Take out and flip the slab over onto a board. With a sharp knife, slice the block into little squares. Enjoy! Store in the freezer and pull a piece off whenever you fancy one!