Chickpeas have to be the MOST versatile ingredient there is.. they suit both sweet and savoury recipes perfectly. The texture is amazing for cookie dough – so I just had to share this recipe with you! It literally takes under 5 minutes to make and is totally vegan, gluten free and grain free. Chickpeas are high in protein, fibre, manganese and folate – making this cookie dough actually pretty healthy! It’s great for a snack, dessert, or even for breakfast. Make sure to tag me @ginabnutrition or hashtag #ginabnutrition on Instagram – I love to see your recreations!
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed (cannellini beans work well too!)
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup – to taste
- 1/2 cup smooth nut butter of choice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp plant milk – optional
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- Place the chickpeas, maple syrup, nut butter, vanilla extract and sea salt in a food processor and pulse for a couple of minutes until smooth. Next, add in the plant milk if you’d prefer it to be less thick and pulse again.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and store in the fridge for a while prior to eating if desired.