I’m bringing in the new year with these AMAZINGLY delicious vegan & gluten free cookie dough cups. They’re seriously yummy + SO easy to make! The perfect after dinner dessert. Make sure to tag me on Instagram @ginabnutrition or hashtag #ginabnutrition so I can see your recreations!
(makes around 9 cups)
For the chocolate:
- 2 cups vegan dark chocolate (I used 70%)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (use refined coconut oil if you dislike the coconut taste)
For the cookie dough filling:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (use refined coconut oil if you don’t like the coconut taste)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup smooth cashew butter
- 4 tbsp maple syrup/liquid sweetener of choice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips/chunks
- Start by lining a cupcake tray with 9 cupcake cases.
- Make a bain marie – put a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water. Put the hob on a medium heat and break up your dark chocolate and place in the bowl to melt along with the coconut oil. Keep stirring.
- In the meantime, make the cookie dough filling. In a medium sized mixing bowl add the melted coconut oil, cashew butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and sea salt and whisk together thoroughly. When combined, mix in the coconut flour.
- When a smooth,doughy mixture has formed, add in the chocolate chunks/chocolate chips and fold in.
- When your chocolate has fully melted, pour about 1 tablespoon into each cupcake case so there’s a thin layer at the bottom of each (about 1/2 a centimetre). Place the tray in your freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Take out the tray and take out a generous amount of cookie dough and press into each case on top of the chocolate.
- Pour about a tablespoon of the chocolate on top of the cookie dough until covered and place back in the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- Take out and enjoy! Store in the fridge.