You are going to LOVE this recipe! I used to adore Dauphinoise potatoes, so this veganised version has made me verrrry happy. It’s the perfect twist to add to your christmas dinner table – SO creamy and delicious. You won’t believe how ridiculously simple it is to make – 6 simple ingredients, 15 minutes to throw all the ingredients together, then you just wait while it cooks!
- 1kg potatoes, peeled
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 2X 250ml cartons vegan single cream (soya cream and oat cream both work well)
- Vegan cheddar cheese, grated – for topping (make sure to use a non rubbery one that melts well – I like Tesco’s cheddar style cheese)
- Preheat your oven to 170C.
- Slice the potatoes thinly and place in a medium sized oven dish, layering up with salt, pepper and your minced garlic as you go.
- Pour the soya/oat cream over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle over a generous amount of grated cheese all over.
- Place in the oven and cook for 1 1/2 hours, until browned and bubbling. Enjoy!