These brownies are to die for! So gooey, decadent and delicious. The key to that gooey texture? PUMPKIN. Yep! Pumpkin puree is the base to these brownies – and the result is just glorious! They’re totally vegan and gluten free – and so tasty heated up with a generous serving of vegan ice-cream/yoghurt. The perfect wintery dessert! Make sure to tag me @ginabnutrition or hashtag #ginabnutrition on Instagram so that I can see your creations!
(makes 9 brownies)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (I use tinned)
- 2 heaped tbsp smooth nut butter of choice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 5 tbsp maple syrup/liquid sweetener of choice
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup oat flour – simply grind rolled oats in your blender until a fine flour forms (use GF if needed)
- 1 heaped tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup cocoa/cacao powder
- Generous handful vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a 8×8″ square tin with baking paper.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl; add the pumpkin puree, nut butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and flaxseed. Whisk these together until fully combined and leave for 1 minute.
- Add the cocoa powder, oat flour and sea salt and mix again until a thick brownie batter forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips/chocolate chunks.
- Spoon the batter into the lined tin and spread out with a spatula. Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top (optional) and place in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Take out and leave to cool for 20 minutes (important!) before slicing into squares. Enjoy!