These healthified Gooey Pumpkin Brownies are the perfect autumnal or Christmas sweet treat. Combining wholesome ingredients like pumpkin puree, oat flour, and nut butter make for the most decadent and delicious dessert.
These seasonal brownies are totally vegan and gluten free – and are so delicious heated up and served with a generous helping of vegan ice-cream or coconut yoghurt. The perfect wintery dessert!
If you make these Gooey Pumpkin Brownies then please make sure to comment below or tag me in your recreations over on Instagram using @ginabnutrition – I love to see them! Happy baking!
(makes approximately 9 brownies)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (I use canned)
- 2 heaped tbsp smooth nut butter of choice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 5 tbsp maple syrup/liquid sweetener of choice
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup oat flour – simply grind rolled oats in a high-speed blender until a fine flour forms (use gluten-free if required)
- 1 heaped tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup cocoa/cacao powder
- Generous handful vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C or (356 degrees F) and line a 8×8″ square tin with baking paper.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl; add the pumpkin puree, nut butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and flaxseed. Whisk these together until fully combined and leave for 1 minute.
- Add the cocoa powder, oat flour and sea salt and mix again until a thick brownie batter forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips/chocolate chunks.
- Spoon the batter into the lined tin and spread out with a spatula. Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top (optional) and place in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Take out and leave to cool for 20 minutes (important!) before slicing into squares. Enjoy!