These cookies are SO delicious! The combination of the toasted pecans, chewy cranberries and sweet chocolate chips is just to die for. The flavours are so festive and they’re perfect as an addition to afternoon tea. They’re made with a few simple ingredients and are totally vegan and gluten free! You’ve got to try these. Make sure to tag me @ginabnutrition or #ginabnutrition so I can see your creations!
INGREDIENTS (makes approx 9-12 cookies)
- 1 cup oat flour – grind oats in your blender until a flour forms (use GF oats if needed)
- 3/4 cup ground almonds – grind almonds in your food processor
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp smooth cashew butter (I find it easier and cheaper to make my own)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup/sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 180C and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over a low-medium heat.
- In the meantime, if you haven’t already, grind your oats in your blender down to a flour. Then, do the same with the almonds.
- Place the oat flour, ground almonds, cinnamon and sea salt in a medium sized mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- When the coconut oil has melted, turn off the heat and add in all of the other wet ingredients and whisk together. Pour this liquid into the mixing bowl and stir until a dough forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, cranberries and chopped pecans until evenly distributed.
- Scoop out small handfuls of the dough and roughly form into cookie shapes and place on a lined baking sheet (don’t worry – the mixture is supposed to be very moist, this is what makes them so light and fluffy!)
- Bake for 10-12 mins until golden brown, then let them cool for about 10 minutes before moving (or they will break). Enjoy! Store in an airtight container.