Okay so I created these on a whim the other day when I wanted a quick and healthy snack that would sustain me until my next meal! These cookies literally take 5 mins to prep, one bowl, 6 simple ingredients, stick them in the freezer and you’re good to go!
- 3/4 cup runny peanut butter
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup (use less if you prefer a lower sugar snack!)
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
- Pinch sea salt
- Dash vanilla extract
- 85% dark chocolate chunks roughly chopped (or sub vegan chocolate chips)
- To a medium sized mixing bowl add the peanut butter, maple syrup, sea salt and vanilla. Whisk thoroughly until all ingredients are combined well.
- Add the oats and the chocolate and fold in with a spoon until a thick cookie dough forms.
- With your hands, scoop out small handfuls of the dough and roll into balls, then press down to make cookie shapes. Place these on a lined baking tray (that will fit in your freezer!)
- Place the tray in the freezer and let them set for at least 30 minutes. Take out and enjoy! Store in the fridge. 😋