These cookies are DIVINE. Cinnamon and raisin is one of the best combinations, especially when paired together in a moist, chewy cookie. These are gluten free and vegan, made with the simplest wholesome ingredients; oats, ground almonds, coconut oil, raisins.. Give them a go, you know you want to!
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour (grind oats in a blender/food processor)
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 heaped tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup/sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 heaped tsp cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 3/4 C raisins (or as many as you’d like)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Take the pan off the heat and whisk in the maple syrup, peanut butter, pinch salt, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Add this to a mixing bowl along with the flour, ground almonds and raisins – mix thoroughly. A wet doughy mixture should have formed (try not to eat it by the spoon..)
- Very roughly roll into cookie shapes and place on a lined baking sheet (don’t worry – the mixture is supposed to be quite wet and sticky, this is what makes them so light!)
- Bake for 10-12 mins until golden brown, then let them cool for about 10 minutes before moving (or they will break). They should be moist on the inside. Enjoy!