If you like peanut butter and chocolate.. these little fudgey bites are for you. Unsurprisingly, this is one of my most popular recipes. These are so quick and simple to make, requiring only a few basic ingredients. They’re completely plant based, vegan, grain and gluten free – make sure to tag me in any photos of your creations – @ginabnutrition or #ginabnutrition – enjoy!
PEANUT BUTTER LAYER:
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2/3 cup coconut oil (I use refined/cooking coconut oil to avoid the coconut taste)
- 1/4-1/2 cup maple syrup/liquid sweetener of choice (to taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Generous pinch fine sea salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp cocoa/cacao powder
- 1/4 cup dark vegan chocolate chips/broken up dark chocolate
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup/sweetener of choice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Line a 8×8″ square tin/baking dish with baking paper (coming up the edges so you’re able to pull out the fudge later).
- Heat the peanut butter layer ingredients in a saucepan over a medium heat, whisking constantly, until a smooth mixture has formed. Pour half of this mixture into the tin.
- Add the chocolate layer ingredients to the remaining mixture in the pan and whisk over a medium heat until the all the chocolate layer ingredients have melted into the peanut butter mixture.
- Gently pour this on top of peanut butter layer in the tin. Drag the end of a soft knife through the mixture in a zig zag shape to create a marble effect (very fun).
- Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour until completely set.
- Take out from the freezer and gently pull the baking paper up to remove the fudge. Then, with a sharp knife slice the fudge into 1” pieces. You may need to wait for it to thaw for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Serve chilled or straight from freezer as they will melt quickly at room temperature. Enjoy! You won’t be able to stop after just one.. I’m warning you.