So I’ve teamed up with the amazing brand USN to bring to you a recipe for a delicious, healthy, protein-packed alternative to brownies. USN sent me their vegan chocolate protein and it has to be one of the best I have tried! It’s suitable for vegetarians and vegans, and comes in both chocolate and vanilla flavour. These brownies only use natural sweeteners, USN’s delicious vegan protein powder, and of course, absolutely no flour; making them fudgier and more gooey than ever.. you’re seriously going to LOVE these.
- 1 400g tin black beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 C medjool dates (if they’re quite dry then just soak in boiling water for 10 mins, then drain)
- 1/2 C cocoa/cacao powder
- 2 scoops of USN Raw Pro Protein
- 1 tbsp smooth nut butter of choice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Splash almond mylk/plant mylk of choice
- Preheat the oven to 180C and roughly line a 9×9″ brownie tin with baking paper and grease using coconut oil.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process on high for a couple of minutes – until a consistently smooth batter forms. Pulse again if there’s any bits/lumps left.
- Spoon this into the lined brownie tin and smooth over with a spatula.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, then leave to cool in the tray for at least 20 minutes. Then, slice into 9 squares. For best results, keep in an airtight container in the fridge.